Benjamin R. Bingham
Born in Denver, Colorado, admitted to State Bar of Texas, 1983, Texas; Colorado Bar,1993; also admitted to practice before all United States District Courts in Texas and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the District of Colorado.
Areas of Practice
- Debtor/Creditor Rights
- Bankruptcy and Fiduciary Litigation
- Consumer Class Actions
University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1983
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1977
Fraternity: Order of the Barons, Phi Delta Phi.
- Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid “Justice for the People” award, 2013.
- Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid “Champions of Justice” award, 2010.
- E.E. Townes Award for Legal Journalism, 1982.
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Selected to Super Lawyers 2017-2018
Published Works & Presentations
Prison Conditions as Cruel and Unusual Punishment
22 South Texas Law Journal, 374, 1982;
Author and Presentor
Current Issues in Foreclosures
State Bar of Texas Advanced Real Estate Law Course, 1987;
Employment Agreements, Termination at Will and Covenants Not to Compete
University of Houston Corporate and Business Law Institute, 1991.
Co-Author and Presentor
The FCRA—What Bankruptcy Practitioners Need to Know
State Bar of Texas Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Course 2009 (voted a “Top Ten” CLE Presentation by Texas State Bar Members).
Damages in Consumer Cases-Getting it Right
Montana Trial Lawyers Association, 2015 Winter Meeting
“Mr. Bingham is an outstanding attorney who handled my case in a manner that exceeded all of my expectations. He is definitely someone you should hire.”